Hello Forge users. As usual, we'd like to thank everyone who tuned in for our Forge developer update and asked so many interesting questions at https://www.twitch.tv/forgevtt. It wouldn't be a lively livestream without your participation.
For those who want to catch our VOD, you can find it here. Otherwise, feel free to read on!
Version 10 on The Forge
- Version 10 has received testing releases, with a full release of version 10 coming very soon.
- The Forge has done a lot of work to get it ready, and version 10 can now be used on our service. We thank everyone for waiting.
- MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING
- A lot of modules and systems won't be ready for version 10 yet. Make sure to check if you're ready to update here.
- Also, version 10 changes a lot about how your worlds are treated. Once you update, there's no going back! PLEASE BACKUP YOUR CONTENT BEFORE UPDATING.
The League Package Jam
- The League of Extraordinary Foundry Virtual Tabletop Developers is running a package jam, which will run until August 22nd!
- During this time, people are invited to develop open source packages (modules and systems) for Foundry VTT, entirely from scratch!
- From there, once the packages are submitted to Foundry VTT for official listing and approval and marked appropriately, they are entered into the contest!
- From there, a group of volunteer judges will evaluate each module, and nominate the packages for a variety of categories. Prizes will be awarded, including Forge gift cards.
- For details, check out this post here: https://www.foundryvtt-hub.com/news/package-jam-2022/
HAProxy and Load Balancing
- Sharp eyed users may have noticed some load balancing issues in recent weeks.
- We've been aware of this issue, and it's been interesting enough to warrant a blog post (look forward to this).
- We've done a lot of work to transition to Nginx.
- Users should expect a far smoother experience now, without the disruptive (if minor) service issues over the past couple of weeks.
D&D Beyond Integration
- Our intern Arcanist has made a lot of improvements to to the Beyond integration.
- Scenes now use the correct image when a map is generated from an adventure.
- Support is now added for scene notes.
- Support is also added for tiles in some scenes, to help fix issues where secrets appeared for certain players.
- And the LMoP and CoS adventures have been cleaned up thanks to some work on the metadata.
- The Forge is hiring!
- We are accepting applications for a Senior Systems/SysOps Administrator, as well as a Senior Backend Program Developer.
- The jobs are 100% remote and full-time.
- If you want to work hard, but in the comfort of your own home office, while setting your own schedule, we'd be happy to have you.
- For a variety of legal and administrative reasons though, we can only hire within Canada.
- For more details, see our jobs page: https://forge-vtt.com/jobs
New Game Interface
- Our new games interface for Game Manager is live!
- Users can enjoy a far smoother experience when creating new worlds now.
- We hope you enjoy our new UI.
Protected Manifest URLs
- We now support per-user manifest URLs.
- For users, it's a big accessibility improvement. If you buy a package on The Bazaar, you can now quickly and easily grab a manifest URL from your account page- no manual downloading and moving files required!
- For our creators, it helps keep their content safe. If a user leaks a manifest link, our creators- and us- can see the spike in downloads.
- We'll be evolving The Forge more and more, so keep an eye out for more updates!
We showcased the following packages on The Bazaar:
- Fire Token Pack 1 by Wild Magic Surge: https://forge-vtt.com/bazaar/package/Wild-Magic-Surge-Animated-Fire-Tokens-One
- Shops and Taverns by Divination Illustrations: https://forge-vtt.com/bazaar/package/shops-taverns
- Magic Items Vol.9 - Body Augmentation by Loot Tavern: https://forge-vtt.com/bazaar/package/magic-items-vol9-body-augmentation
If you want to follow us for regular updates, here are our social media links: